My Digital Advertising Terms and Conditions
Revised March 8, 2018
MYRICK CONSULTING LLC DBA MY DIGITAL ADVERTISING (“MY DIGITAL ADVERTISING” TOGETHER WITH OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS ALSO REFERRED TO AS “OUR”, “WE,” OR “US”) OWNS AND OPERATES THE WEBSITE, IN WHOLE AND ALL OF THE COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS THAT MAKE UP THE WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) AND RELATED PLATFORMS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR FROM THE SITE (THE “SERVICES”).
BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”). THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. IF YOU USE THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES ACTING AS THE AGENT FOR A COMPANY, OR ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH COMPANY OR ENTITY AND YOU GUARANTEE COMPLIANCE BY SUCH COMPANY OR ENTITY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS A LEGALLY BINDING VALID CONTRACT.
WE RESERVE THE SOLE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO MODIFY, DISCONTINUE, OR TERMINATE ANY SERVICE OR THE SITE, OR CHANGE, ADD, OR DELETE PORTIONS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT NOTICE. WE WILL POST CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IF ANY, TO THE SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THE SITE PERIODICALLY FOR CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AFTER ANY CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE REVISED TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR SERVICES.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS. You represent and warrant you are at least 18 years of age. The Site and Services are not intended for, or offered to, users under the age of 18.
- USE OF SITE AND SITE CONTENT. You agree your use of the Site, Services, and Site Content is under a limited license described in these Terms and Conditions. You will not reverse assemble, reverse engineer, or decompile the Site, Services, or Site Content or otherwise recreate or attempt to recreate the Site, Services, Site Content, or Source Code, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit this restriction. You will not analyze the Site, Services, Site Content, or Source Code, in whole or in part, to learn the details of or identify the components and their interrelationships of the Site, Services, Site Content, or Source Code design, construction, or production in order to create representations of the system in another form, at a higher level of abstraction, or produce a copy, similar product, or improved version of the Site, Services, Site Content, or Source Code. All content on the Site and Services that is not User Content (as defined in Section 4 below) (the “Site Content”), is our proprietary property by ownership, license, or other right. Except as specifically permitted by the Terms and Conditions, no Site, Services, Site Content, Source Code, or User Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. Any unauthorized use of the Site, Services, Site Content, Source Code, or User Content is strictly prohibited. All trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks on the Site are our or our licensors’ trademarks or registered trademarks and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
- PUBLISHING OF YOUR CONTENT AND OUR USE OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all materials you approve for our publishing, display, and distribution for the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all materials you post, publish or distribute with the Services, including without limitation, advertisements we prepare for you (including all information, trademarks, and photographs in such advertisements), information, data, text, software, links, photographs, pictures, graphics, video, messages, files and any other materials (“User Content”). You represent, warrant and agree that no User Content you approve for our publishing, display, and distribution, or submitted by you or through your account, will:
- violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
- contain libelous or defamatory material; or
- violate or encourage violation of any laws, regulations, rules, professional codes, codes of ethics, administrative laws, codes of conduct or standards (including, without limitation, rules, standards or codes of conduct for non-governmental or quasi-governmental associations), e.g., federal, state, or local laws, regulations, rules, professional codes, codes of ethics, administrative laws, standards or codes of conduct applicable to realtors, real estate advertising, data protection, privacy and email communications (collectively, "Applicable Laws").
For clarity, by paying us to publish and distribute an advertisement we prepared for you, you approve our publication of such advertisement for you and on your behalf. You represent and warrant you have all legal rights necessary to publish and distribute (or necessary to have us publish and distribute) any User Content or that you own such User Content. You represent and warrant that the advertisement prepared by us for you will comply with all Applicable Laws. With User Content that is an advertisement for a particular piece of real estate, you represent and warrant you are the broker, or an agent to the broker, for such real estate. You acknowledge and agree that we will possess the right to refuse to include and/or to cause the removal of any or all of your User Content for any reason and at our sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that we may, at our sole discretion, disclose your User Content in order to: (i) comply with law enforcement, court orders, or the legal process; (ii) protect the rights and safety of individuals; and/or (iii) settle disputes over intellectual property ownership.
- My Digital Advertising Features. Certain My Digital Advertising features may enable you to use your data in specific ways such as using your data to create a target audience, by emails or phone numbers. These features store your data in anonymous strings (for instance "Hashed Data") and passed to our ad partners to be used to create your specific purpose. In using this feature, you agree to:
- Hashed Data is a subset of User Content and subject to all the restrictions and obligations related to User Content. In addition, you represent and warrant you have provided notice to and secured any necessary consent from the data subjects whose data will be hashed to create the Hashed Data, including as needed to comply with all Applicable Laws. If you have not collected the data directly from the data subject, you confirm, limiting nothing in these Terms and Conditions, you have all necessary rights and permissions to use the data provided to us.
- You confirm that the Hashed Data does not relate to or include data about any data subject who has exercised an option you have, directly or indirectly, committed to honoring or provided, to opt out of having that data used by you or on your behalf for targeted advertising. To the extent a data subject exercises such an opt-out after you have used data relating to that data subject to create a custom audience, you agree to remove that data subject from the custom audience.
- The Hashed Data from data you provide to us will only be used for the matching process, will not be shared with third parties or other advertisers and will be deleted promptly after the match process is complete. My Digital Advertising will maintain the confidentiality and security of the Hashed Data, including by maintaining technical and physical safeguards designed to (a) protect the security and integrity of data while it is within My Digital Advertising's systems and (b) guard against the accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of data within My Digital Advertising's systems. Further, My Digital Advertising will not give access to or information about Hashed Data to third parties or other advertisers, append your Hashed Data to the information we have about our users or to build interest-based profiles, or use your Hashed Date except to provide services to you, unless we have your permission or must do so by law.
- If you are providing any data on behalf of a third party, you also represent and warrant you have the authority as agent to such party to use such data on their behalf and bind such party to these terms.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE AND REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY.We own, protect and enforce copyrights in our own creative material and respect the copyright properties of others. Materials may be provided on the Site, or through the Site or Services, by third-parties not within our control. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to be infringing to remain on the Site or Services. Notify us promptly if you believe any materials on the Site or published or distributed by us infringe a third-party copyright. All notices and communications provided by you to us become our property and you grant us the right to provide such notices and communications to any third party.
If you engage in “repeat infringement” we may immediately terminate your registration and account without notice, and you will no longer be permitted access to the Site or the Services. “Repeat infringement” will be defined as two (2) or more instances, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, where you have infringed the copyright rights of another person.
We reserve the right to terminate Site accounts that are the subject of fewer than two (2) instances of infringement of the copyright rights of another person in circumstances, such as when the user has a history of violating or willfully disregarding the Terms and Conditions.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such web sites, and such web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked web site on or through the Site or the Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked web site by us. If you leave the Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
- SERVICE FEES. Certain parts of the Site may be accessed and used without charge. For certain Services, you must pay applicable fees which may change occasionally. Fees vary by Service. Current fee schedules are available on the Site. You are responsible to pay all fees incurred by your Site account. All fees due from you to us, including to the extent applicable, quarterly subscription fees, annual subscription fees, one-time product purchase fees, recurring fees, quarterly and annual renewal fees, third-party fees, applicable taxes, and charge-back fees are referred to as “Service Fees”. We do not collect sales and or use tax on the sale of Services to you. If any tax is to be paid to state or local governments by a purchaser of our Services, you will report and make such tax payments in compliance with all laws. If we collect any taxes on the sale and or use of Services, such taxes will be itemized separately on your invoice.
You agree that we may charge all Service Fees to the payment method (e.g., credit card, PayPal account, debit card, etc.) you have provided in your Registration Information. You are responsible for the timely payment of all Service Fees when you order Services. You will notify us if your payment method has changed by changing your account settings. If you provide no valid payment method, or if your designated payment method is determined by us to be inactive for any reason, we may immediately discontinue providing Services to you. You agree not to cause your credit or debit card company to reverse or “chargeback” any Service Fees charged under these Terms and Conditions; and if you do so, we may terminate your use of the Site and Services. You agree to reimburse us for any costs incurred in responding to such chargeback, including, without limitation, our actual costs paid to the credit or debit card company, including chargeback fees, and the value of the time our employees spend on the matter as determined in our discretion in good faith.
We may change your billing period at the renewal of your current contract, such that the new billing period results in an equal or lower effective monthly rate compared to the current contract.
- REFUND POLICY. We want you to be satisfied with the Services. However, when you purchase Services from us, we make a commitment to our advertising partners for the length of your campaign. Because we are making this commitment on your behalf, and incur costs we offer no refunds for the Services once you have purchased them except Product Malfunction and Billing Error.
- If you report a Product Malfunction to us while the Services are active and we verify the Product Malfunction in our sole and absolute discretion, then we may offer a partial refund. What is not a Product Malfunction:
- We are a local awareness advertising tool. The Services are functioning properly when they deliver localized ad views. The Services are not designed to be a direct “lead generation” tool. If your campaign does not deliver leads or phone calls to you, that does not qualify as a Product Malfunction.
- We use online advertising best practices to geographically target your ads according to your computer’s IP address. This advertising technology may not be completely accurate at all times. Your ads may occasionally appear in neighboring zip codes. In this event, your ad is still targeted to the correct zip codes, but the industry standard technology that translates an IP address into a zip code has provided a false positive. Because your ad is targeted properly by us, this does not qualify as a product malfunction.
- The sale of advertising views is an approximation and we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that an exact number of advertising views will be provided.
- Billing error. User must provide either: (i) the cancellation confirmation number; or (ii) must forward the cancellation confirmation email to the billing and receivable department at My Digital Advertising showing User canceled the Services before the renewal date on file for that Service.
WE PROVIDE NO REFUND FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE QUARTER, YEAR, OR OTHER BILLING PERIOD FOR SERVICES CANCELED DURING THE ACTIVE BILLING PERIOD.
- You may terminate your use of the Site. You may terminate these Terms and Conditions after you have paid all Service Fees for the active billing period by effecting a termination from your account.
- We may cancel your user registration and terminate your use of the Site or Services with or without cause, in our sole discretion, and with or without notice, including for your failure to make any payment when due or your breach of your representations, warranties, and covenants in these Terms and Conditions; provided, however, that we have no obligation to monitor your use of the Site or Services.
- We may delete any of your User Content, information, or other data from the Site or Services and we have no obligation to maintain copies of any deleted information.
- Any provisions of these Terms and Conditions that should continue after termination of your use of the Site or any Services will continue to apply even after the expiration or termination of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Site or any Services.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE ARE AWARE OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE SITE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICES; AND (B) TEN DOLLARS ($10). CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any claim, action, investigation or proceeding made or instituted by any third party due to or arising out of:
- your breach of any representations or warranties made by you or your breach of the Terms and Conditions;
- your use of the Services or the Site in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You agree not to sue, assist in or be a voluntary party to assist in or be a voluntary party to, except as required by law, any action, suit, or proceeding against us for any claims, actions, suits, damages, liability, losses or expenses of whatever kind or however arising out of or relating to your use of the Site or the Services.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content published on the Site or in connection with the Services, including User Content published by users (or published by us on behalf of users) of the Site or the Services. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site. The Site and the Services may be temporarily unavailable occasionally for maintenance or other reasons. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, the Site or the Services. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, or the failure of email because of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, including injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials for the Site or the Services. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Services, the Site or any content published on the Site (whether or not Site Content, User Content, or other content). THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT USER CONTENT PUBLISHED BY USERS (OR PUBLISHED BY US ON BEHALF OF USERS) OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES COMPLIES WITH ADVERTISING LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS, AND WE OFFER NO WARRANTY THAT ANY SUCH USER CONTENT SHALL COMPLY WITH ADVERTISING LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH OR BREACH OF ANY APPLICABLE ADVERTISING LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS.
WE OFFER YOU NO GUARANTEE OF INCREASED LEADS OR PHONE CALLS AS A RESULT OF THE DISPLAY OF ADVERTISEMENTS PREPARED BY US FOR YOU.
THE SALE OF ADVERTISING VIEWS IS AN APPROXIMATION AND WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT AN EXACT NUMBER OF ADVERTISING VIEWS WILL BE PROVIDED.
- GOVERNING LAW.The Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A., without reference to conflicts of laws provisions and, on matters affecting copyrights, trademarks and patents, by U.S. federal law. Any dispute or claim relating to the Terms and Conditions will be finally settled by binding arbitration in Columbus Ohio under the then-current rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association by one (1) arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator will apply the law of the State of Ohio, without reference to rules of conflict of law or statutory rules of arbitration, to the merits of any dispute or claim. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed, reduced to judgment and entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that, any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will have the authority to award the prevailing party its costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees. If the above arbitration provision is held invalid or unenforceable, then any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions will be brought and heard either in the state courts in Delaware County, Ohio or the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Eastern Division. You consent to the in personam jurisdiction and venue of such courts. You agree that service of process upon you in any such action may be made if delivered in person, by courier service, by telefacsimile or by first class mail, and will be deemed given upon receipt.
- MISCELLANEOUS. The Terms and Conditions set forth the entire agreement between you and us pertaining to your use of the Site and the Services. If any provision is held invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be revised to the extent necessary to cure the invalidity or unenforceability, and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Our failure to exercise any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. These Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Our delay or failure to exercise any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and Conditions do not, and will not be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture between you and us, and neither you nor we, nor your or our respective directors, officers, employees, or agents will, by the performance of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions, be deemed to be an agent or employee of the other, and neither you nor we has the authority to bind the other under any contract, agreement, or otherwise.
© 2018 My Digital Advertising, Inc. All rights reserved.